Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What is your focus?


     Wow! The last week has been crazy! It seems life always takes over when you are trying to focus on God things! During a week that I thought would be a little hectic anyway with just last minute trip details, it seems things were constantly being thrown into the schedule that created small challenges.

      However, as Nathan reminded me, although things may seem scattered, God is still answering prayers. We need to focus on what God views as important. You see, during the multiple trips this week to transport Nathan between the doctor’s office and Camp Eagle, we had plenty of time to talk. And as I was quietly lamenting the lost time to prepare for the trip to the Dominican Republic, Nathan was reminding me of what God was doing. What a blessing it was to hear how God is answering the prayers of Nathan’s heart. As Nathan began work at the camp this summer, he was challenged to set some goals. And he set, in my opinion, great goals; to memorize Scripture, to be humbled and broken before God, and to lead someone to Christ. 
     Well, while I was frustrated, God was answering Nathan’s prayers and actually multiplying those answers as he was allowed to lead two people to Christ! How exciting! Our God is faithful and does exceedingly above what we ask if we are following His leading!
     I am looking forward to the next two weeks in the Dominican Republic. Yes, it will be great to see old friends, and meet new people, but more than that, I am looking forward to watching what God has in store for His people! I pray that as Nathan did, I will be humbled and broken before God. That He may be able to use this broken vessel, however He wishes, to bring honor and glory to the only one who deserves it, God Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment