Thursday, June 30, 2011

Finally on the way!

 
     Tuesday was a wonderful day for traveling! My flights were smooth and other than being about an hour leaving Miami, uneventful. I left Raleigh at 7AM and arrived in Miami at 9:15AM. Once in Miami, I had a layover until 12:25. So I found a quiet table in the back of a food court, got a Diet Coke and settled in to work on Handout sheets for Saturday's Bible Study. It was actually a very productive time.

     Once we boarded the plane there was a delay, but nothing drastic.They had us up and on the road. in the air in about an hour. The flight was very full and I sat beside a young man who appeared to be in his mid-twenties.
Franc (sp?) was from Haiti and lives about 20 minutes from Port-Au-Prince. We talked briefly about the earthquake and his family. I was quietly reminded how truly blessed I am.

     
The view from the window was beautiful. As you can see the blue water abound the islands is gorgeous! These pictures are as we passed over the Bahamas and the Turks and Cacaos Islands. As we approached the Dominican Republic, thick.dark clouds covered the center of the island. However, they broke a little as we approached Santo Domingo.  We landed, gathered our bags and went our separate ways. I had to laugh because I had been slightly concerned about traveling by myself, but everything was familiar and I had no problems. I was even able to help a few other people, who were confused about tourist cards. God does have a sense of humor!

  

   It took no time to get through customs and then outside to find Anna and Emily, waiting and waving. It is so exciting to be back! We had a quiet evening at the house and sorted through supplies and stuff,spent time "catching up" and sharing. I am so blessed to be here. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad your safe! And for your updates! :) We're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete