Friday, March 9, 2012

Empty

OK, So several friends do this 5 minute Friday thing. Although I have never participated, I am intrigued by today's topic, so here I go.

______________start_________________

Empty.. .  As others have noted, empty can be both good and bad.

However, for me, I think it is my desire. You see, I desire to be empty of me. Because only when I am empty of me. . . can I be filled by Him. 

I often get so wrapped up in ME. . . my wants, my business, my stuff. . that I don't have room for HIM and the things that He wants to place in me.

Things like. . . 

       love for others (who are, let's say . . . .  challenging),
      commitment to study His Word (with consistency),
      mercy for others (not my spiritual gift)
     

So my prayer is:

Lord, empty me of me, that I may be filled with YOU!


__________time's up!   _________


Wow, that 5 minutes goes fast!
But it was a good 5 minutes. I may have to do this again! A great way to focus your thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment